Tuesday, May 31, 2005

2nd week

how can i forget, this is exactly the second week after the fracture. as a "2nd anniversay" special, i decided to retell the amazing story of Fabian's freaky fracture...haaaahaaaa, alliteration.

tuesday, 17th may 2005

morning: about 8-9am
venue:kilo SOC ground
we were in our details, couldn't forget my detail number, no. 29. lining up in front of the low wall...ha. was thinking to myself, 'maybe this time i could clear it. with SBO?' Not... yeap, my pathetic jumps to clear the monolithic cement wall was rather useless. so, proceeded to the next station: parallel bars. 'yes, i could clear it the previous time, so i think i could clear it now.' think again dumbo, u are in SBO now. yep, i couldn't clear it. so, i '1000-ed, 2000-ed, 3000-ed...14000-ed, 15000-ed' in front of lawrence. then proceeded to the 3rd station, the fracturenator(it's actually the beam with the barb wire over it).

'chicken feet' i thought. finally somehting i could clear. ha...hell i was wrong. saw TC jumped over it first. but he kena scolded by daniel for not doing it properly. so now my turn lor. paused a while, ran, left feet went up the beam, the right immediately went up, cleared the wires and landed on the ground. "craaaaack" 'oh no'was the only thing that i heard coming into my head before i collapsed on the grass in pain...struggled there for a while before daniel spotted me and started asking was the hell happened. 'i think i broke my leg'i manage to sputter. 'break ur leg?! if u break ur leg wun be like that one! get up! get up la!'as daniel said that he pulled me by the arm and i struggled, with my left leg to get off the great grassy field that i will forever miss. 'attend b!!! attend b!' daniel shouted. then saw jian zhong running towards me. 'fabian?! wad happened?' jian zhong said, clearly worried for me. i just replied 'think i broke my leg'. 'oh no' i think he said that. then i was at the training shed with teng chi and some of the PCs. 'please GOD, dun let it be a fracture, i want to do range tml!' then one of the FS came, i removed my boots, sbo and socks. warrant heng asked me how was the pain and etc. i said 'think i heard a crack'. he said 'sure is pe cah('break' in malay)'. the FS then felt my right leg for any irregularities and found a bump near my ankle followed by a depression. 'send him to the MO' was his reply.

ok lor, rahul and jonathan took me to the rover. the rover sent me straight to the medical centre. hopped like a toot in the medical centre...pple were staring...i was the only one in long 4 without boots and socks. sat next to these bunch of leopard guys. think i saw one one them before when i reported sick for cough and flu weeks earlier. my number was called...844. some of them were unhappy that their numbers were skipped...some evens aid saomething abt me chao keng-ing when i hopped into the room. i looked like a toot. ok la...nothing much happened in the room. the MO asked me to go to the x ray room...hopped to the x ray room. i looked like a toot. pple were staring agian. took x ray. came out in a wheelchair. gasps, stares, were all targetted at me as i got wheeled out of the x ray room. waited. got called back to the MO room. 'i see that ur leg is fracture' said the MO(he din really say this tho). i stared at the x ray in shock. the bones were sooooo out of place. blablabla...pple entering the room started to ask me questions...blablabla. went out of the room. the leopard guys started to interrogate me on wad happened. told them, i did. shocked, they were. waited for jonathan to come. while waiting, thoughts on whether i will have to recourse or able to POP crossed my mind like tokyo's subway system. yong jian came, took my name, parents number and asked me some stuff...gaev me a reassurring pat and left. then jonathan came in smart four and all with my field pack. 2 medics came and shuttled me off to the ferry terminal. one of them was quite nice, think his name was W.W. Chua, he sort of kept me entertained while i was in the ferry and during the trip to CGH. btw, i felt quite dua pai cuz they had to hold the ferry for me to board.

upon reaching CGH, i waited for my turn with jonathan. he is very very quiet. dunno wad he is thinking either. so i decided to break the ice to ask him NJ stuff, as he himself is an ex-NJCian. conversation was quite boring, so pretended to watch the hospital TV. i think throughout the whole journey up till now, i saw him am chio a couple of times. ok, it was my turn and the nurses put a 'cast' on my leg and 'taught' me how to use the crutches. they really did a bad job. haiz...but cannot blame them. waited again...for my father. jonathan was really quiet. fetched him back to SFT. dropped him at the bus stop with the wheelchair. 'thank you sgt'i said. he just did a gesture and nothing else. as the car drove away from the SFT, saw him cough abit...think he was sick that day.

ok, end of story. tml i will be going back to CGH to get the mc extension...ha...

15th day in cast...

3 Comments:

Blogger : said...

haah.......sounds like its really a serious case. lucky 4 u, dont think u ever need to run again. drink more milk 吧!

1:30 AM, June 01, 2005  
Blogger fabz said...

heh, i saw ur website, very cool sia. :)

9:56 AM, June 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! http://www.tramadol4.info/Swimwear.html purchase levitra 10mg www.ther mage face lift Legal limit of plasma oxycontin levels for driving Incorporation in or Natural pain relief for amputees

3:44 PM, March 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home