Sunday, June 19, 2005

My roots

i became even more curious abt my roots after reading the articles on vernetta lopez tracing back her roots and sumiko tan going back to tokyo to get in touch with her japanese roots. national geographic offers a "trace your ancestry" programme which can trace ur cultural roots all the way back to our ancestors in africa...it's interesting to find out, although it will set me back $167 to buy the kit so as to send the nat geo peeps my DNA samples etc...

so...i am eager to know my heritage...but wondering if there is a cheaper way...ha...maybe i should become an anthropologist, forget abt my "artsy" dreams and test it myself...ha...i am also curious cuz got pple say i dun look like a pure chinese...mr lee once said i look like some exotic mix of persian and dunno wad other race...haha(do i look persian?) then got pple ask me why are my limbs so hairy...ha(i also want to know if i got ang moh or indian blood in me). haha...then weehao say i look like those enuit pple(aka eskimos). ok la...this one i think more reasonable since eskimo pple are considered asian...

either i continue to ponder, dream abt being an anthropologist or find someone to sponser me that $167 to send my DNA all the way to USA just to get a few lines of words posted on nat geo's website.

one thing i fear, wad if results some back saying: you are pure chinese...haha...no fun liaoz...

34th day in cast...

3 Comments:

Blogger stormchaser said...

i tot u can find ur roots via ur surname? there's the bai jia xing(100 family surnames) thing right? then since we're from sg our grandparents or great grandparents are from china or malaya. not too hard to trace if u have grandparents i think ^^

5:01 PM, June 19, 2005  
Blogger fabz said...

i want to trace my racial ancestry...not really the origins of my surname, heh...

7:56 PM, June 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha and so i wish i am a descendant of a eygptian builder who built the Great Pyramids... Woah

11:31 PM, June 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home