Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Fabian's DIY for NSmen: how to save your discoloured no. 4 buttons

Perhaps this only happened to me...the discolouration of the no. 4 buttons that is. the discolouration was caused by me sending the uniforms to the laundry service. i think somehow their iron or wad was too strong and bleached them...when i went back camp i was like "huh?! wah lau, wad happened to my buttons?!" but two days later, i had the fracture and i needn't bother abt them anymore.....until now. why? cuz i will be returning back to work on monday...ya, plus tml i have to show up in no. 4 for my airforce interview. so weird, they actually asked me to go for the interview...lol

ok, so this is the state of discolouration of my no. 4 buttons. it's actaully turned to beige!


so, went down to art friends today to get this can of spray paint...haha, i had doubts abt the colour initially, but it turned out fine in the end. so guys, get the flat green colour of the anchor spray paint series if u have this problem.


a closer look at the awful state of the buttons


to do this, mask the coth area using newspaper, exposing the buttons only...make sure there are no gaps, cuz the spray paint will kena the cloth.


get ready the spray and shake it...


spray....dun spray too near tho...


yeah...finished...now, u can remove the newspaper carefully or wait till the paint dries...quite long if you sprayed too thick a coat.


voila...before and after


pro sia!


muahahahaha...i feel good cuz this method actually worked...i am too lazy to replace the buttons one by one...plus, 3 sets of it are like that...so i will have to change the buttons till very jia lat. but now...haha...the lazy person's method of remedy-ing this problem...hahah.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

9:12 PM, March 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good day friends. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching for that singular brand. The prices seeking the sneakers are about 330 bucks everwhere. But finally I bring about this site selling them for half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you say about it?

8:45 AM, February 27, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

8:44 PM, March 04, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that singular make. The prices as regards the boots are approximately 350 bucks everwhere. But for all I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you say about it?

10:53 AM, March 18, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that exact make. The prices as regards the sneakers are approximately 350 pounds everwhere. But for all I found this location selling them for half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you say about it?

2:59 PM, March 18, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home