Tuesday, January 31, 2006

i am so lazy

haha...the title post says it all...ha. i am feeling really messed up right now, my biological clock is seriously effed up, and so is my nose. i think america's air is beckoning me. ok, i shall start off with wad i owed u guys. first is the chocolate making experience i went for on hari raya haji... that day we learnt how to make banana ganache pralines and almond dragees. haha...i love the latter to death...ate all of them.

ok, we went to this chocolatier's house that day for the course, her name is amy lee...she helped uot in a few rather famous restaurants like bakerzinn. i fact, 2 days after we had this course, she went to jakarta to help out in the opening of the bakerzinn outlet there...cool. but u know wad, i haven tried bakerzinn before. sua ku.


these were the other misc chocolate


ok, this is the almond dragees that was the best thing that we made that day. actaully, we din really make them. amy lee made all of them, that's why they are so nice. she said that in france, u are given one of them with a cup of coffee, to lessen the bitter taste. oh, to be exact, it's not really coffee, but cuppucino or expresso sort of thing.


the materials and equipment


these were the pralines. i din really enjoy them cuz they contain bananas in them, but they were nice, i just like the fact that they used fruits for the filling


this is the same type of pralines, just that it's in another form, and pattern.




again...the best chocolate nuts i have eaten


ok, fast forward to 3 days ago, on the eve of CNY. haha...like last year, we had our dinner at RELC, or regional language center. it's located just next to the shangri la hotel, in the residential districts near orchard road.



how i love to stay in this area...


wow...nice condos...so grand and the area is damn peaceful




here's the entrance


in the restaurant, u can see, my 2nd uncle, my grandaunt, my mum and my dad...(from left to right of course).


ok, the most irritating person alive. well, he doesn't really goes up front and irritate u, but his personality kind of irks me. i think it all happened ever since he got into the gifted prog at NYPS. bad combi. altho i am an alumnus of NYPS, i never really liked that place...however, please note that this is not a generalisation. ok, in short, this cousin(actually he is my father's cousin's son, so it's more of like a dist cousin i guess) irritates me cuz of his "i am so smart, u are not attitude", his sarcasm, his irritating look(u now he actually looks at u from the corner of his eye!? WTF?!) and most importantly, his "oh, science rules and it can explain everything" attitude.

here are a couple of mug shots my camera managed to register. i think after i took his photos, my camera batts like got depleted immediately, which caused me to not be able to take denise keller's photos!!! ok, that i will talk abt later.


see, both pictures are blurred, my camera refuses to capture his true image, in fear of curruption of data.

ok la, he hasn't really stepped on my toes, but i just cannot stand his attitude. now that he is in RI and all...i think that has just boosted his ego and whatever, make him alittle more guai lan. so, if u do see him around(he lives in one of the hume condos btw), please tell him not to be so guai lan ok?!

ok. off to better thing, that is m brother and grandma.


that night we actually booked 4 tables. why? cuz my grandma's sisters and brothers also came with their families!!! even tho i always meet up with them during CNY, i haven had such a big gathering at the reunion dinner before cuz usually it will be my grandma, my direct uncles and my fifth grandaunt(cuz she lives with my grandma).


my 3rd uncle and wife.


my 5th grandaunt, she looks young for a 67year old.


now, it's sort of the best part...the yusheng...lol








the other table, our family also, began to lou hei( u can see that boy, middle in white tee)


oh, here's the kiddie table...all children sit here...lol. they are actaully my cousins...ha


ok, after the dinner i went to catch memoirs with my brother at cineleisure. we saw denise keller at paragon's starbucks while waiting for the movie to start...she was complaining stuff to her mum. ha. she still sports her aeon flux hairstyle...which i think looks rather retro.

anw, HAPPY CNY u all!!!!